Free Personal Care

If you are 65 years of age or over you may be entitled to free personal care, which includes help with washing, dressing and going to the toilet. You may also be entitled to free personal care if you are 65+ years old and are discharged from hospital or if you are terminally ill.

To access funding for free personal care you will have to contact your local authority and request an assessment of need. You will find a list of local authorities and contact numbers below. Please, let your local authority know that you have been referred through our website.

Local AuthorityDepartmentTelephone NumberEmail

The City of Edinburgh Council

Social Care Direct 0131 200 2324

East Lothian Council

Access Service 0845 601 1576

Midlothian Council

Social Work Contact Centre 0131 271 3900

West Lothian Council

The Advice Shop 01506 776 444